Iddat

Q: I want to ask question about iddat. My sisters husband passed away and she is on iddat.I want to know about the rules of iddat, what to do and what not. Here all are saying to be inside her house without meeting anyone and should cover mirrors and wear only white clothes. She has 3 children who go to school and others have to be there to take up her duty on her children. Please clarify my doubts.

A: She could meet people. She does not have to only wear white clothing. She doesn’t have to cover the mirrors. She should not apply perfume or put on makeup or beautify herself.