Reuniting after khula

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: When a woman obtains a khula through a Shari’ah council, what is the ruling under Imam Abu Hanifa? How can she re-marry her ex-husband?


A: If it was just one divorce that was given at the time of khula then they could remarry. The nikaah will be like any normal nikaah.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)