Haraam relationship

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: My question is that I am married for 3 years and I found out my husband was cheating on me for the past 2 years. I do not have kids. Now I have decided to take divorce from him and now he is changed and want to live happy with me but on the other hand someone else wants to marry me and I also want to marry him after taking divorce from my husband. Now I am confused that should I go ahead and move on and marry the other person or should I forgive and live with my husband whom has cheated on me? He was involved with my own sister. This made me think to move on. Please help me out. What should I do? I can’t ask anyone in my family about this matter. Please let me know ASAP thank you.


A: I suggest that you should make sincere taubah for the haraam you were involved in. Both of you should repent, correct your lives and get together and continue living with each other.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)