1) Are women allowed to wear niqaab with long flaps and also have decorations on it?
2) Is it permissible to get a piercings on the top part of your ear?
3) If a burqa I’ve been performing salaah with is only see through in the sun, will salaah be permissible and do I have to make qadha of the salaahs that were performed?
4) Is is correct for women to walk a distance to attend the weekly community ta’leem?
1. The niqaab and abaaya etc. are meant to distract any person being interested in a woman. These types of flaps etc. are not distractions, they are attractions. How can they ever be permissible.
2. This is not in keeping with Islamic and sunnah culture. This is alien kuffaar culture.
3. If your body can become visible then avoid namaaz in such a burqa.
As above i.e. if the body parts had become visible the namaaz will not be valid.
4. Yes. As a matter of precaution a woman should not walk alone. She should be accompanied by a mahram or one or two ladies.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)