Correcting one’s father

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My father is doing milk business. He does adulteration in milk by adding water. I tried to stop him in a calm manner but he kept on doing adulteration and now I fought with him and started yelling to him regarding this wrong act. Am I doing wrong because I tried the other way but he doesn’t listen. What should I do? Islam says don’t raise voice against your parents but what if they are doing wrong?


A: Just as it is important for you to show him what is right, it is also necessary for you to adopt a respectful approach when correcting him.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)