Partnership

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I have a shop in Karachi. A friend of mine has opened a business in the shop. I did not agree to sharing the profit but agreed that he pays a nominal rent until the shop goes in profit. He is paying is this nominal rent. But he keeps saying that we should agree on some deal that relates to the profit in the business. A suggestion is that instead of ‘ijareh I become a partner in business. Can I consider the shop as investment from my side equal to the market price of the shop? He also has invested in the shop. So is it jaíz if we make a deal that 60% of the total profit will be for his efforts paid to him and the remaining 40% will be divided based on the investment of each of us?

Bismillaah

A: In a valid partnership both parties have to contribute some wealth. Hence you will have to contribute something to commence the partnership.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

 

Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestmail
Sidebar