Father of the girl appointing someone else to be his representative at the nikaah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: My father cannot be present for my nikaah due to his age and difficulty in travelling. How will he still serve as my wali and how will procedures of nikaah be?


Ads by Muslim Ad Network

A: He can appoint someone to be his representative at your nikaah.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)


Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive curated Islamic Q&A every week!

You have Successfully Subscribed!