Husband involved in a haraam relationship

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My question to you is what can I do to help myself? My husband is having an extramarital affair. He doesn’t choose to stop. I’ve asked him many times. The girl is also married waiting on a divorce. Her family knows but nobody wishes to do anything. My husband wants me to overlook it. He behaves nicely with me and says I shouldn’t worry what he does outside the home. I don’t find this to be right. I’ve waited a whole year, and am patiently praying for his hidayat. I feel like I’ve lost this battle. What should I do?


A: If he is involved in a zina relationship then you rather ask him for a divorce and get out of his nikaah.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)