Haraam relationship

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: Me and my boyfriend are in a relationship for 2 years 6 month. He lives in India and I live in USA. Both of us want to make this haram relationship into halaal but there are condition where we can’t marry now. We tried being apart because of the haram relationship but we come back to same haram relationship. Also we’ve done some things and said some thing wrong that we to make it halaal way. What should we do? How should we make it halaal? Also my parents are against this relationship and on the other side we’ve done something and we want it to be halaal. What should we do? Both of us want each other. We love each other with true feelings. Is there any possibilities to make this right and halaal.


A: It is impermissible for a girl to be in contact with a non mahram boy. You should immediately sever this haraam relationship and cut off all contact with this boy. Sincerely repent to Allah Ta’ala for this sin you have got involved in and make a firm resolve that you will never repeat this sin in the future. In regard to the matter of nikah, a girl should not look for her own suitor and independently take any decision as this goes against shame and modesty. Rather she should allow her parents to decide in these matters.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: