1. If there are women following the Imam, does he have to make a specific niyyah for them?
2. If he makes general niyyah for all those following him, will it suffice?
3. If he didnt know there were women following him, will their salaah be accepted?
4. If he knew but didn’t make intention for them, will their salaah be accepted?
2. If in his mind he also included women, it will suffice.
3. If he did not intend the imaamat of the women, their salaah will not be valid behind him.
4. If at the time of commencing his Salaah, it was in his mind that women are following him and that he is making imaamat for all, then their Salaah will be valid behind him.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)