Marital problems

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My wife and I are only for the children together. Unfortunately the coexistence does not work. We no longer understand and she would simply not divorce so I have no other choice than to let her continue to live with the children in my house. My question is here if I would commit a sin if we will stay with this way of living together? I let her live in her apartment with the children and provide them, but otherwise no intimate contact takes place. I have remarried and want to go with my new wife in the house, but she can remain in the apartment and I finance everything. Would that be a sin if she would also agree with this way of living?


A: So long as she is comfortable with this arrangement, it is permissible.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: