Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: As per law of Shariah, divorce happened between me and my husband as he said talaaq thrice. Now he wants me back. What is the proper way of halaala?


A: If the husband issues three talaaqs, the nikaah automatically terminates. It will not be permissible for the both to continue living together. If they both wish to remarry, it will not be permissible unless the Shar’ee procedure of Halaalah takes place (i.e. After spending ‘iddat, the wife remarries and the second nikaah is also consummated. Thereafter the second husband divorces her  After spending iddat of the second nikaah, it will be permissible for her to return to her previous husband). For further details refer to

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!