Suspended talaaq

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My question is regarding divorce. My daughter wants to get married to her cousin but my husband is completely against it. Last year he said in anger that if they do nikaah, our nikaah will be broken. Now he has realised he should not have said that and has said that that statement does not count anymore. If my daughter gets married to this boy will our nikah still be broken or is there a way out?


A: It will break. If it does happen and you want to live together then you will have to renew your nikaah.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!