Marital problems

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I have been having great problems with my wife the last few years. She separated herself from me because of her mother telling her and the last few months she came back and we have been trying to reconcile. She’s very disobedient and always fights with me but we have a child so I have tried and tried with her. When we were separated, she and her mother disrespected my mother and my father and now my family don’t want me to reconcile because of this. Also she kicked me out of my home three times. I made an agreement with my wife that I will go back and live with her but I want her to sort things out with my parents just an apology to break the ice. My wife refused and just left and has completely cut me off. I want to know is this wrong what I asked of her. I do want to reconcile but know she doesn’t want to anymore. I don’t know what else to do. My wife only let me see my son the last few months after years and now she is doing the same again. I don’t know what to do. Can you please help me.


A: I suggest that you contact some righteous senior understanding people living around you and they could perhaps bring the parties together.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.



Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: