1. Is detergent considered to remove impurities, or only water?
2. How can you go about cleaning an impure toilet seat? Because if you pour water over it, it will undoubtedly go on the floor making the floor impure too.
3. To clean impurity on a hard floor, do you simply pour water over it and wipe clean or must you pour and wipe with a cloth 3 times, squeezing each time?
1. Yes, if they are pure.
2. The easiest is to go on to a low pan, otherwise wash the seat in such a way that the water goes into the pan.
3. The first way is sufficient.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.