1. Which invitation is best in Islam for wedding- oral or written?
2. Is there a hadith that nikaah should be done after asr prayer?
3. Is it allowed in Islam to have separate function called Henna (mehndi) on previous day of nikaah for girls?
4. Can a wealthy man spend more on walima which will be done subsequent to the day of nikaah?
5. Is it permissible in Islam for a man and woman to suck or lick private parts of each other after nikaah?
1. There is no need to have a formal invitation. Yes, the sunnat is to announce the nikaah and to host a waleemah in whichever way the waleemah can be hosted. Generally those people should be invited who are relatives and those who can make it to the waleemah easily.
2. We have not come across this.
3. These are all baseless functions that have no place in Islam.
5. This is inhumane behaviour, disgusting and sickening.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)