Dreaming of Hazrat Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)

Q: I was going through a website of which the link is provided below – http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/17713

Maulana Zakariyah mentions in Fazaail-e- Aamaal that “Shaytaan does not have the power to declare himself a Prophet in a dream.”“It is impossible that that the person dreaming may misunderstand Shaytaan as the Holy Prophet.” “If the person does not see the Prophet in a good feature, then that is the fault of the dreamer.” “If the person sees the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) doing an unlawful act, then the dream need interpretation in light of Islamic law even though (the person who dreamt) may be a pious saint.” I have read that it is mentioned in Fazaail Amal that a man had a dream in which Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) (allegedly) asked him to ‘Drink Liquor’. My question is should we not reject the dreams which does not fit the description of the Prophet and is against shariah?

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

A: Unfortunately, your comments are not in keeping with the preferred standards of the muhadditheen. Hence, you do not have a right to make commentary of the hadeeth.