Three talaaqs

Q: I’m so upset and devasted but need advise. Me and my husband have been married for a year and in an argument he said talaaq to me 3 times on a phone call conversation and regretted it straight away. We love each other so much and we can’t be without each other. My husband said it because of his family problems and know we just don’t know what to do. Please can you advise us on this matter!

A: The three talaaqs are valid and the nikaah has terminated. It is no longer permissible for you both to live together.