1. If the wife asks the husband can you please help me to pick up the cupboard and he doesn’t want to move that cupboard, he is lazy to do something then the wife moves the cupboard herself, then the wife got angry with the husband and said “You just watching, what kind of husband are you?” Was it right what she did to her husband?
2. My friend got married with two kids now her husband wants to marry to another girl but he didn’t divorce her Islamically. He sent her court divorce papers. He said to her I am not going to divorce you islamically. They haven’t been having physical relation since 10 months. So I want to ask you that their relationship is finished or still exists till he divorces her?
3. If the husband says something which the wife already knows she has to do (something at home) then he keep on saying which annoys the wife. Is it the wife’s right to say yes I know what to do? If the husband doesn’t help the wife to buy something is he still getting sin and he tells the wife, whatever you earn, buy for yourself and help me because I pay bills mortgage insurance. What should the wife do? Even she helps little bit and buys clothes with her own money?
4. If husband shouts the wife when she she tells him to perform namaz, what should the wife do?
5. If the husband wants to celebrate the kid’s birthday just buying a cake and wife doesn’t want to celebrate. They argue with each other. What can the wife do if she is religious?
6. If the husband keeps on saying nonsense which is not true to the wife and she gets angry. In that situation what should the wife do to answer back?
1. She should ask her husband for an apology.
2. If he has divorced her through the courts the divorce is valid.
If it was not a genuinely needed item then it is not his responsibility to buy it. Hence, he will not be sinful.
4. She should rather not tell him about namaaz. She should gracefully start ta`leem in the house.
5. She may request him for her to go to her mother’s place for the day.
6. She should move away gracefully when he talks nonsense.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)