Hypnosis

Q: I want to listen to self hypnosis recordings to improve my health. Hypnosis is in deep relaxation you visualise or imagination and hear positive affirmations or words to program your mind. My local imam told me I can listen to hypnosis but I saw online on a website that they say hypnosis something do with jinns, I don’t agree with that. Self hypnosis recording basically re-recorded instructions to do visualisation and hear affirmations to change yourself so I don’t know why they say its do with jinns. Do you think self hypnosis recordings are halal?

A: We don’t know the details of this treatment nor do we know the message that is relayed. If the message is permissible and there is no doubt of the message whatsoever nor does it let your mind wander in anything that is haraam and forbidden then it is permissible.