Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I am from South Africa. I am A Hanafi. I was married to a Hanafi girl from India. We were married for 3 years. We were happy living together since her dad came to live with us from India. He lived with us and I had my own flat. But my Marriage ended because the father interfered and jadoo was done. I out of anger gave her six talaaqs in one sitting in front of witnesses. After I gave the talaaq, I realized what I have done. I gave the girl R10 000 for her iddat concession. She went back to India to spend the iddat and her dad is still here in SA. I Spoke to her mother, aunty, cousin, brother and sister about getting back together. They all accept and the girl also is willing to get back together. So my my question to you is? Is Halaala allowed in Islam? And obviously planned halaala is haraam, but if the girl verbally tells the man she is marrying would that be accepted? My marriage was arranged and Allah blessed us with mohabbet. It is hard to forget her and I really do love her. I ask Allah every day to forgive me for the great sin that I have done by divorcing her. We do not have any kids. I really want to get back with her. Please give me a break down on what is allowed in Shari’ah and what is not allowed. Because I fear Allah and do not want to commit a sin or live for the rest of my life with sin.


A: Refer to and

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest