Is it compulsory for women to wear niqaab?
Q: Do women need to wear a niqaab as well as hijaab?
A: It is compulsory for a woman to cover her entire body including her hair (with the exception of her hands till her wrists) before all non-mahrams. For further details refer to http://muftionline.co.za/node/1705 and http://muftionline.co.za/node/419
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
Read these QA to learn more..
- Sub: Wearing Niqaab along with complete burqa in foriegn country. Asalamulikum, Currently i am staying in germany along with my family. My wife wears complete burqa with niqaab (even she covers the face), if she wears complete burqa and come out , most of the people stare at us. example : the german kids show there finger towards us and ask there mothers. and some poeple start staring at us like abusing us. Here the turkeys wear only the hijaab(not covering the face), so they dont have any problem. I just wanted to know , can my wife wear only hijaab instead of niqaab(that is complete burqa with out covering the face). Please let me know is it permissible in shariah. i will be waiting for your response. Thank You Asalamualikum
- Is it compulsory for women to wear bangles?
- I was 14 when i decided to wear the niqaab and I moved to another country at 15 and now at 16, I’m starting to feel doubts about wearing it. To start off with, I’m mixed race and for some reason or the other i don’t feel fully accepted by my father’s family (who are all Pakistani) and we don’t have a lot of contact with my maternal side, although they’re wary of us as they’re not Muslim. Anyway, I’ve been bothered by a sense of alienation for quite some time now. Having spent the last two years in loneliness (being an introverted person i find it hard to establish new friendship …. So, with no friends and no family who I can rely on, I’m quite lonely… Although Allah should be enough for me.I started wearing the niqaab when my brother, who was in Jordan, told me that the ladies in his area all wear niqaab, so i said i would wear niqaab too and i didn’t take it off after that. I returned to England and i continued to wear it. Alhumdulillah, I’ve never encountered anything other than verbal abuse – Allah has protected me Alhumdulillah. But this feeling of alienation has been bothering me increasingly as of late …. I’m so confused and this confusion is emotionally exhausting. What do i do?
- Is it compulsory for women to wear the niqaab?
- i am 17yrs of age, i wear the full hijab, jilbab n niqaab, i have been doin so for the past yr or so, my family is not very practisin-i have 3 brother in laws, they are married to my elder sisters and have been a part of the family for more than 10yrs, meaning they’ve been there in my days of jahil, i find it hard to observe hijaab in front of them as my family think it isn’t necessary to do so in front of them, so whats the minimum i should do, should i just wear the scarf and not the niqaab-i wear salwar kameez at home, do i have to wear the jilbab also?, theyv seen me from the age of 3yrs, does that make any differnce? i have no doubts of fitnah,however i would like islamic viewpoints inshallah, may Allah be pleased with you
- As per the Islamic law is it compulsory for the Muslim women to wear bangles, ear rings, nose rings and secondly if her husband dies should she stop wearing the above things ?