1. Dua I read in tashahud is: Attehhiyyatu, attayibatu, assalavatu, azzakiyyatu Lillahi. Assalamu ala nabiyi va rahmatalluahi va barakatuhu, assalamu aleina va ale ibadillahi ssalihin…. I read it was narrated by Aisha (Radiyallahu Anha) that after the death of our Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) this dua was recited. Could you please tell me how authentic this hadeeth is?
2. Can I be reading this dua instead of assalamu aleyka ayyuhen nabiyu…. If I feel inside of me that I am calling to Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and it gives me waswasa that I am making shirk? Will my salah be valid in shaa Allah? And if I have no waswasa but just like this dua more because it gives me no doubts and there is no direct addressing to Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), is it ok to read it?
3. I like to read Surah ikhlaas in the first two rakahs of fard namaz and in all rakahs of Sunnah namaz. I absolutely love this Surah and I know hadeeth that someone also always read it in all rakahs and nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said that Allah also loves you for loving this surah. Can I continue doing so in shaa Allah? Please explain why you say it is makrooh so I can explain to my friends too?
4. In case your answer is negative in 3, can I be reading in the first rakah – surah fatiha, ihlas and first verse of falaq and in second rakah – surah fatiha and Ihlaas? I know so far – fatiha, ihlas falak, nas and ayat al kursi. But I hope in shaa Allah to read ihlas in all rakahs is not a problem, please kindly answer.
A: 1. We have not come across this.
2. Since it is reported in authentic hadeeth it is permissible.
3. When there is a pressing urge you may read Surah Ikhlaas otherwise recite the recommended surahs for the namaaz.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)