1) I heard many times from many people that if you satisfy your sinful desires in this world like drinking wine, wearing silk etc, these desires will be taken out from you in Jannah, is that true?
2) I thought even if you commit sinful acts or desires like drinking wine, wearing silk, if you repent you are forgiven so if you repent would Allah still take away these desires from you?
3) What worries me that if I drank wine, wore silk clothes, ate on gold plates etc I wouldn’t do these things in jannah (paradise), if I committed those things, if I repent would that be enough?
4) Does Allah forgives sins if you repent without namaaz?or you have to pray namaaz to get your sins forgiven of drinking wine, wearing silk clothes?
1. The meaning of these Ahaadeeth is that one will be deprived from entering Jannah on account of his sins. Jannah is the abode where all these bounties will be enjoyed. If Allah Ta’ala does not forgive one then one will have to first enter Jahannum in order to be cleansed of one’s evil deeds.
2. If one sincerely repents to Allah Ta’ala and reforms one’s life then Allah Ta’ala will forgive him.
3. As above.
4. In order for one to gain the mercy of Allah Ta’ala and be saved from His divine wrath and anger, one should lead a life of obedience and submission. Obedience and submission means that one refrains from all the prohibitions of Shariah and one fulfills all the commandments of Shariah in accordance to the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)
This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.