Q: I read your book about women’s salah, may Allah bless you for your work, ameen. Some moments I didn’t understand. Could you please explain them to me insha Allah?
1. Hadeeth that explains that during sajda women don’t have to keep feet upright, but feet must be placed on right hand side. I don’t understand it exactly? Do we have to lean on left side during sajda to make our feet be on the right side? If not upright then how exactly, could you please explain in detail in shaa Allah?
2. Hadeeth that says arms must be closed to thighs during sajda – I understand it, but I don’t see here a statement that elbows must be on the ground too, because we can keep arms close to thighs, but still lift the elbows up from the ground? Or I am not thinking correctly? Please kindly explain it to me in shaa Allah as I am a simple Muslim and in no way qualified to interpret hadeeth. If I continue lifting elbows up, will my salahs be void, in shaa Allah?
3. There is nothing mentioned about Rabbigfirli in jalsah, don’t women say this supplication? I say it 2 times in between 2 sajdas, is this correct in shaa Allah?
4. In Jalsah some say that a big finger of a right feet has to face qibla, is it correct?
1-2. Refer to the attached newsletter.
3. Refer to http://muftionline.co.za/node/9830
4. This is for males.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Zakaria Makada
Checked & Approved:
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)