Marital problems

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I want to ask a question about my marriage. I got married when I was 18 to a guy who was 28 at that time. Then we lived together for 7 days because I was a student. So I came back in dubai and he went back to Canada. He never came back from Canada now. It’s been 6 years I am waitng for him and we didn’t have any intercourse in those 7 days. Now what am I supposed to do. Is my nikaah still valid?


A: Refer to an ulama body nearest to you and explain to them your plight and they will follow the right procedures. If they feel that they should cancel the nikaah on account of some shar`ee basis they may do so.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest