Q: Beheshti zewar does not mention regarding the case where a lady in nifaas experiences a situation as follows: (similar to haiz masla) –
A lady has a habit of 30 days nifaas (last childbirth)
– After eg 20 days the bleeding stops. She has a bath and begins performing salaah.
1) Is this correct?
– after 36 days she starts bleeding again. She stops her salaah again.
2. would this be haiz or nifaas bleeding?
– thereafter the bleeding stops only on the 42nd day.
In the situation where this is nifaas bleeding, but has now gone over 40 days, so this now would be Istihadha and she would look at her habit of 30 days, but she had stopped reading salah when she bled again on the 36th, thinking it might still be nifaas.
2) Is it correct to say that she will only have to make Qadha from the 36th to the 40th?
A: If the bleeding had stopped before the 40th day then the entire period will be called nifaas, and if the blood stopped after the 40th day then the nifaas will be according to the pattern of 30 days and the remaining days will be istihaadhah.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)