Student loans

Q: My question is interest. You may know within the UK that university fee is £9000 and to take student loans it includes interest, I understand the punishments of doing so but my parents don’t if I do tell them they’ll take it lightly. My parents have high aspirations for me to go to university and they are not able to fund me like not able to afford it but student loan with interest is haram is there no alternatives or is that it I can’t go to university. Please could you provide me with advice. It would be really helpful. May Allah Ta’ala bless you all and accept all your duas ameen.

A: We advise you to decline this.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our newsletter subscription and receive 5 Islamic Q&A emailed to you every week!

You have Successfully Subscribed!