1. For bleeding to be haiz, does it have to flow continuously for 3 days and 3 nights?
2. Will it be haiz if it stops for the duration of 1 or 2 salaah periods and starts again and lasts for more than 3 days and nights?
3. If I experience only traces of blood which is not continuous for 3 days and nights and every month I also experience continuous bleeding for 10 days, which one should I regard as haiz?
1. This is one of the ways that you may term as haidh. This is not the only pattern. The patterns of haidh may change.
2. Yes, if it can fall within the days of haidh.
3. Refer back to your original pattern. Look at the pattern and you may mention that to us.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)