Marital problems

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My mother often spoke some harsh things to my wife. I came to know these things from my wife later. What should I do in this case? As far as I know I can’t not tell my mom that you are doing wrong. Please tell what should I do?

2. I and my wife decided that my Sala (wife’s brother) will remain with me , but my mother told me don’t do this. This is a wrong decision. In this case, what should I do?



1. I suggest that you comfort your wife and ask her to ignore these types of statements.

2. If your wife feels comfortable with this then don’t stop this as long your sala’s ways are right.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: