Q: If a vow was made that for every R100 a person receives he will give R 20 as sadqah to poor people as long as there is no debt owing to anyone.
1.Can he buy gifts with this money and give it to his family, even though the family are well to do?
2. Can he use the money to sponsor items to the musjid or put the money in the musjid box?
3. If the vow is broken once does the person still have to keep to the vow subsequently?
4. If a person can’t remember if he made the vow verbally or in his mind, will the vow be valid?
1. If you vowed that you will give sadaqah then sadaqah is supposed to be given to the poor.
4. The vow is valid if it is done verbally.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)