1) A person has a bathroom with toilet shower etc in one room. If he makes wudhu in the shower cubicle, with the transparent glass between him and the toilet, will it be permissible to read the duas and take Allah’s name?
2) In the masjid toilets, there is a passage with many doors for individual toilets. Is the passage considered to be part of the toilets?
3) If the passage through next to the toilets leads to classrooms, which are also accessible from the masjid, and a person needs to carry kitaabs through to the classroom, should he use this passage or go through the masjid?
1. Yes, if there are no impurities near there and it is somewhat away from the toilet area.
2. No, the passage is not part of the toilet.
3. The musjid should not be used as a thoroughfare. If you have to pass the musjid you may perform two rakaats Tahiyyatul Musjid and then pass.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)