Q: I have heard that Women are now allowed to go to Mosque.
1) What is the Islamic law for Ladies to going to the Mosque?
2) Why Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) didn’t prohibits women from coming to Mosque?
3) Did Hazrat Umar (Radhiallahu Anhuma) stop women from coming to mosque in his era?
4) If women are not allowed to go Mosque then why in European countries women go to mosque for Salaah and women also go to Majid-e-Nabwi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) for Salaah.
1. Women are not allowed to come to the musjid. They should perform their namaaz in their homes.
2. Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) prohibited fitnah in the strongest of words, and since there is absolutely no doubt in the fitnah of women in this day and time, hence we can safely conclude that it is in accordance to his teaching that women should now remain within the precincts of their home, rather than performing namaaz in the musjid.
4. We are not answerable for what others do nor are their actions a proof or precedent to go by.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)