Anal sex

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I have made a terrible mistake. I had sex with my wife from behind three times. I took an oath from Allah not to do it and still did it knowing it’s wrong. I am very ashamed. Please tell me what to do as soon as possible. If I have to do kaffarah and what else for forgiveness.


A: Anal sex is haraam in Islam. You both should sincerely repent to Allah Ta’ala and make istighfaar and taubah in abundance. Make a firm resolve that you both will never repeat this sin in the future. Give a reasonable amount of wealth in charity as compensation for this sin (according to how much you can manage).

You should also discharge the kaffara for breaking the oath. The kaffarah for breaking the oath is that you should feed ten poor Muslims with the amount of Sadaqatul fitr as an atonement for breaking the oath. Alternatively you may cloth ten poor people with such clothing wherein Salaah can be performed. If you are unable to do this then you should fast three days consecutively with the intention of atoning for the broken oath. Insha-Allah, Allah Ta’ala will forgive you both.

For further details refer to

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

عن أبي هريرة عن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال : من أتى حائضا أو امرأة في دبرها أو كاهنا فقد كفر بما أنزل على محمد (جامع الترمذي 1/35)

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: