1

Saying a durud (salutation) seventy times at the grave of Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com
Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail

What is status of following Hadith and can it be quoted?

It is reported that when a person stands at the grave of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) and recites the verse: إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ  (Innallah Wa Mala-Ikatahu Yu Salluna ‘Alan Nabi), (Surah Al Ahzab, verse: 56) and then says seventy times ‘sallallahu ‘alayka Ya Muhammad’ An Angel says to him, “May Allah’s blessing be on you too, no need of yours will be left unfulfilled”

Ad by Muslim Ad Network

Answer

It is not a Hadith, rather a statement of a predecessor.

Imam Bayhaqi (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration on the authority of Muhammad ibn Isma’il ibn Muslim ibn Abi Fudayk, a Tab’ut Tabi’i who passed away in the year 200 AH.

Ibn Abi Fudayk (rahimahullah) says, “I heard a person whom I had seen say, it has reached us that…”, and he goes on to mention the narration in question.

(Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 3872. Also see Al Qawlul Badi’, pg. 87 and pg. 424)

Ibn Abi Fudayk (rahimahullah) had probably heard this from a Tabi’i. This narration should be quoted as reported and not as a Hadith of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail