Assalamz Mufti Sahib
Please advise on Seerat Jalsahs
1) Are Seerat Jalsahs permissible or bid’ah?
2) What is the difference between Seerah Jalsah and MOulood?
3) Below is a program. Please advise regarding it.
4) May women attend as i see ladies facilities. If women cannot attend the Masjid for Salaat, how may they attend the Seerat Jalsah?
5) The speakers: Ml Moola, Ml Bham, Mf Menk – what is your view on each speaker? Are they proper Ulama? Are they evil Ulama? You should be knowing that they dont make proper Hijaab and they even in photos with women.
6) These speakers – may one even listen to their bayaans?
7) I heard Qari ZIyaad Patel will be there in Lenasia for Seerat Jalsah. Is it permissible to listen to him. He takes photos and charges money for recitals.
THESE QUESTIONS ARE EXTREMELY URGENT SO THAT I CAN MAKE THE CORRECT DECISION WHETHER TO ATTEND OR NOT BASED ON YOUR FATWA.
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
We commend you for your concern in searching for the correct Shar’i advice on whether you as a woman should attend such programmes or not.
Due to your sensitivity to the abovementioned matters, it would be better for you not to attend the programme in person. If the programme is transmitted via radio or live stream, you may listen to the programme from the confines of your home.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Mufti Nabeel Valli.
Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah