1

Can you make dua to marry someone who is engaged to someone else?

Answered by: Maulana Muddasser Dhedhy​

Question:

One of my friends was in a relationship with a guy but after one year they broke their relationship because the guy’s parents already fixed his marriage with someone else.

My friend is really into depression, she wants him as a life partner and the guy also told his parents about their relationship but his father refused. Now the thing is she wants him as a life partner. Can she make dua for that guy to come back in her life or not?

Answer:

In The Name Of Allah, The Most-Merciful, The Most Kind

It was narrated from Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “There is nothing like marriage, for two who love one another.” [Sunan Ibn Majah]

Pre-marital relationships are not permissible. Allah has ordered, “And do not come near to Zina (fornication)” (Al-Qur’an, 17:32). While the actual act of Zina has been prohibited, it is understood from this verse that the different actions leading to the act of Zina have also been prohibited.

Your friend should make dua for Allah to bless her with the best husband for her, whether it be the person she loved earlier or another person, and to grant her contentment with His Decree.

Only Allah Ta’ala knows best.

Written by Maulana Muddasser Dhedhy

Check and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham