1

Which Surah should be recited when you can’t sleep?

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail

Answered by:  Alimah Sumeyye Sofu

Question:

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah

Answer:

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

There is no specific Surah which can be recited when you can’t sleep. But there is a hadith regarding it.

It is narrated from Sulaiman bin Buraydah, that he said: Khalid Ibn Al-Walid said: “I was suffering from insomnia and when I reported it to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) he asked me, “Shall I teach you certain words which if you were to recite you would sleep better? Then he said: Say:

“اللهم رب السماوات السبع و ما اظلت، و رب الارضين و ما اقلت، ورب الشياطين وما اضلت، كن لي جارا من شر خلقك كلهم جميعا ان يفرط علي احد منهم أو ان يبغي علي، عز جارك و جل ثناؤه و لا إله غيرك و لا إله إلا أنت.”

O Allah, O You who are the Lord of the seven heavens and whatever they shelter, and the earths and whatever they contain, and You who are the Lord of devils and whomsoever they mislead, You be my Guardian-Protector against the evils of all of Your creatures; guard me against their intrusions and invasions. Noble is the one who enjoys Your protection and Glorified is Your Name.” (Sunan Tirmidhi 3523 Darus Salam)

Only Allah knows best

Written by Alimah Sumeyye Sofu

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail