1

Is a nose job allowed in Islam

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail

Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Imad Ali

Question:

Is a nose job allowed in Islam

Answer

Sayyiduna Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud raḍyAllāhu 'anhu (may Allāh be pleased with him) narrated that Allah’s messenger ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said, “Allah has cursed the women who tattoo and who have done it, and the women who pluck hairs from their faces, and the women who make spaces between their teeth to beautify themselves, thereby they change Allah’s creation. (When the women learnt of this tradition,) a woman came and said, “It has been conveyed to me that you have cursed so-and-so, and such and such.” He asked, “Why should I not curse them whom Allah’s messenger has cursed? And (those who) are mentioned in Allah’s book?” she prostrated; I have indeed, read it between its two covers but have not found in it what you say.” He said, “If you had read it (carefully) you would have found it certainly.” Then he asked,”Have you not read? ‘And whatsoever the messenger gives you, take it. And whatsoever he forbids, abstain there from’ (Surah Hashr Ayah 7). She said,”Of course!” he said, “Then, indeed, he has forbidden that (which I mentioned).”

(Mishkaat al Masabeeh, pg, 194, vol, 2, hadeeth number, 4430).

When the Prophet (sallahu alayhi wa sallam) has forbidden something, one should respect the command and keep away from it.

Only Allah knows best.

Written by Moulana Muhammad Imad Ali

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

Facebooktwitterpinteresttumblrmail