Is applying kohl in the morning haram for men because I have heard from a person that Mufti Nawalur Rahman Sahab of Hyderabad, India had said that kohl is zeenah for men hence men should not apply it in the morning time. Please clarify the same.

Answer

(Fatwa: 591/591/M=1434)

It cannot be termed haram if male applies kohl in the morning. However, a man should avoid applying kohl as zeenah (beautification) and go out during daytime, as beautification is not desired for male. Yes, there is no harm if it is applied as treatment. It is more useful to apply kohl in the night before going to bed. It is proved from the holy Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) that he used to apply kohl before going to bed.