I am going to perform nikah very soon. Please give me each and every detail (i.e. nikah, walimah etc) of how a sunnat nikah has to be performed according to Shariah. Also if possible please refer me some good books on sunnat nikah.

Answer

(Fatwa: 1724/1724/M=1433)

Nikah should be performed with simplicity as per the sunnah. It should be free from prevalent barat and other customs and evil things. It should also be free from extravagant expenses. It is better to perform nikah on Friday in the mosque and make it free from non-Shariah rituals and customs. It is sunnah to invite people for walimah feast as per one’s capacity after nikah and rukhsati. This practice should also be free from pomp and show. Study the book “Islami Shadi” by Hadhrat Maulana Ashfraf Ali Thanavi (رحمة الله) (edited by Maulana Zaid sahib Mazahari). It is a nice book on this subject.