My husband is giving me a divorce because he said he no longer can live with me. Does that mean he can take all the gifts he gave me during/and after the wedding back. Who’s properties are those gifts which he had gifted me. Is my husband supposed to give me my gifts back, or will I have no right on that Islamically?

Answer

(Fatwa: 1587/1009/L=1433)

If all the gifts which your husband has given you were as hiba (gift) then you are the owner of those gifts. It shall not be right for your husband to take back all those gifts. Yes, if your husband borrowed you something then he shall have right to take it back.