My mother offers salah by sitting on chair and does sajdah on table because she is suffering from rheumatic arthritics, she cannot bend her knee. Is this right way to offer salah in this way?

Answer

(Fatwa: 1416/1425/M=1433)

If your mother is not able to perform salah while standing with ruku and sajdah and it is also difficult to sit on the ground then she may offer salah sitting on chair but she should not use table for sajdah rather she should perform ruku and sajdah with gesture. And if she can offer salah while sitting on ground then she should not use chair.