We intend to pay zakah of our goods purchased for sale. In this regard we have some queries:
(1) Suppose we pay zakah on the 1st Ramadan every year then in this case goods arrived just 1 day before Ramadan will be liable for zakah or not?
(2) We usually import goods for our sale so if some of our goods are yet to arrive but already paid for before 1st Ramadan will also be liable for zakah?
(3) At what price zakah needs to be calculated either at the cost price of the goods or at the selling price?
(4) Some of the money invested in this business to purchase goods is not from halal sources almost 60%) so even then the zakah has to be paid on complete inventory of the goods and it will be paid from the money earned from this business. Right?
Also please inform that is it permissible to withdraw monthly salary from this business?
(1) Yes, you will have to pay zakah on it.
(2) When it came in your possession before the time of zakah, then you will have to pay its zakah as well.
(3) Zakah will be paid on selling price.
(4) Total goods or most of the goods have been purchased by haram income then zakah shall not be wajib on it. Yes, zakah shall be wajib on its income provided it reaches up to the nisab.
(5) Yes, it shall be lawful to take salary from its income.
Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best
Darul Uloom Deoband