We have a house of our great grandmother who had 2 sons and 2 daughters; during the death of my grandmother her status was widow and only one of her daughter was alive and rest of her children that is her 2 sons and 1 daughter died when she was alive. Please advice how the house shares have to be distributed.

Answer

(Fatwa: 560/526/N=1433)

At the time of your grandmother’s death, if no grandson and granddaughter were alive except of you then in the question mentioned above the house left by your grandmother shall be divided into two shares. Out of which 1 share shall go to your phuphi and 1 share to you. The detail of the division is as follows:

Details:
Daughter: 1×1 =1
Grandson: 1×1 = 1
Total: 2 shares

And if instead of you other granddaughter or grandson of the deceased lady were alive then write their detail and submit the question again.