As salaam alaikum, i m in a great problem…..please tell that if a husband says to his wife ” We are sleeping together for the last time and after this we will never have sex ” then they live separately in different cities for one whole year, will this amount to Talaaq ? please help me by answering this question. Allah hafiz!

As salaam alaikum, i m in a great problem…..please tell that if a husband says to his wife ” We are sleeping together for the last time and after this we will never have sex ” then they live separately in different cities for one whole year, will this amount to Talaaq ?? please help me by answering this question. Allah hafiz!

Answer

(Fatwa: 721/602=D/1430)

If the husband said without oath: “We are sleeping together for the last time and after this we will never have sex”, then it is not eela and it will not cause any Talaq, they will remain spouses as before:

هو الْحَلِفُ على تَرْكِ قُرْبَانِهَا أَرْبَعَةَ أَشْهُرٍ أو أَكْثَرَ كَقَوْلِهِ لَا أَقْرَبَك أربعۃ أشھر، قید المصنف بالقسم؛ لأنہ لو قال: لَا أَقْرَبَك و لم یقل: واللہ، لا یکون مولیا، کذا ذکرہ الإسبیجابي (البحر الرائق 4:102، کتاب الایلاء)