AssalamAlaikum, My friend works as a manager in a commercial bank. According to the banks reports, more than 50% of their profit is from interest. My friend wishes to donate a rug for the masjid floor. Can we accept it from him? If not, how do we inform him of such? Jazak Allah

Answer

(Fatwa: 1966/1567=H/1429)

(1) When you are sure, then it is unlawful to take gift from the salary.

(2) You should say: the major part of your salary is based on interest and receiving such money for mosque is unlawful; therefore we are sorry for that.