Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatu I teach kids Quran at several makhtabs and at the end of the month I collect fees. My mom wants all of the money I earn from teachings kids, I give her the majority of the money but keep some. Is it permissible for me to keep some money without my mom knowing as I’m the one earning the money, etc., ? P.S She thinks I’m giving her all the money Jazakallah

Answer

(Fatwa: 835/664/B=1431)

It is undoubtedly lawful and right for you to keep some money with you. You must take care that all the needs of mother are fulfilled. That is enough. There is no harm if you and your mother both save some money. It will help in the time of need.