In a non-Muslim country who can give the punishment of rajm?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

In a non-muslim country who can give the punishment of rajm? [stoning to death.] (2) is a private individual allowed to administer this punishment? (3) in a non-muslim country if a muslim wants to purify himself of his sin of zinah should he go to a country where the punishment of “rajm” is administered?


(Fatwa: 1249/1249=M/1429)


(1) In non-Islamic countries, the penalty of rajm (stoning to death) is not implemented.

(2) No individual is allowed to administer the punishment.

(3) Such a person should only repent to Allah and seek His forgiveness.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:

More Answers…