Assalamualaikum, I had a factory which was closed down in 2001 because of sealing in delhi. Now the court has ordered me to pay compensation (on which they have charged interest) to the non muslim labourers who worked there.Since my financial position is not very good, I would like to ask whether i can pay this amount from the bank interest that has accumalated in my bank account or out of zakaat? Jazakallah

Answer

(Fatwa: 1178/1178=M/1430)

Interest amount of bank or Zakah cannot be given non-Muslim labourers in return to their work.